- The Management Recruitment Group
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- c.£60,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Closing date
- 21 Feb 2023
- Specialist Area
- Facilities management (main), Building design, planning, Contracts, projects, bids, Engineering, maintenance, Estates, property, Health & safety, Operations, Sustainability
- Job Level
- Manager / Supervisor
- Accountancy, Advertising / Creative, Automotive, Aviation, Banking, Finance and Insurance, Catering, Charities, Construction, Consultancy, Customer Service, Education, Electronics, Engineering / Manufacturing, Event Management, Healthcare, Horticulture, Housing, Human Resources, Information Technology, Internet / New Media, Legal, Logistics & Transport, Management & Executive, Manufacturing, Marketing, Media, Military, Not For Profit, Charities, Private sector, Production & Operations, Public Relations, Public Sector, Purchasing, Recruitment, Retail, Business Development/ Sales, Scientific, Secretarial & Administration, Social Services, Telecommunications, Training, Transport, Travel & Hospitality, FM service provider
- Contract Type
- Interim, contract & temporary
- Full Time
Sustainability Manager (12 month fix-term contract)
c.£60,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
The University of East London is one of the most diverse and vibrant universities in the global capital. Our pioneering and forward-thinking vision is making a positive and significant impact to the communities we serve, inspiring both our staff and students to reach their full potential.
Born in 1898 to serve the skills needs of the 2nd industrial revolution, the University of East London has commenced Year 3 of its transformational 10-year Vision 2028 strategic plan led by our Vice-Chancellor & President, Professor Amanda Broderick, to advance Industry 4.0 careers-1st education. We have a clear route-map to provide a springboard for the jobs and opportunities of the future; drive diversity in the 4.0 talent pipeline - working in partnership to promote talent wherever it is found; and to create an inclusive and sustainable, green future.
Our Net Zero Carbon Strategy can be viewed at Net Zero Carbon 2030
This role has responsibilities for the management and delivery of environmental sustainability related output including developing the Sustainability and Net Zero Carbon Strategy and strategic energy management. The post holder will act as sustainability champion, leading the university’s drive to improve its environmental performance across all its activities and driving cultural and behavioural change throughout the organisation. This will involve developing and implementing policies and management systems and co-ordinating environmental sustainability activities across the university.
Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills are essential due to the highly influential nature of the role. A motivation to lead and develop a team is also key, as the Interim Sustainability Manager will be responsible for the mentoring and development of staff during the 12- month maternity cover.
The Candidate Briefing Pack for the role can be viewed at https://online.flippingbook.com/view/574459934/
For a briefing discussion please contact our retained advisors Michael Hewlett and Craig Douglas of The Management Recruitment Group on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Applications should consist of a CV and covering letter and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Sunday 5th March 2023.
The Management Recruitment Group, formed in 2007, focuses on senior appointments in the Built Environment.
Our team, currently over forty strong, work in specialist business units covering a broad range of activities from Facilities & Estates Management to Bids, Design, Construction, Property and Infrastructure.
When you work with MRG you will deal with an expert, someone who speaks your language and will grow with you as your business grows or help you when you need to move to develop your career.
Our Board has an average of over twenty five years’ experience in recruitment in Construction and Property, our Managers average over twelve years’ in their specialist fields and our Consultants average over ten years.
Welcome to The Management Recruitment Group, senior level recruitment by senior level recruiters. Find out more at www.mrgpeople.co.uk.
68 King William Street,
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert