- Sedbergh School
- Sedbergh, Cumbria
- Up to £52,000 per annum, in line with skills and experience
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Specialist Area
- Facilities management (main)
- Job Level
- Manager / Supervisor
- Education, FM service provider
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sedbergh School, founded in 1525 by Roger Lupton, is an independent co-educational boarding school. Set in the spectacular Yorkshire Dales National Park, the School also benefits from fast motorway and rail access to the rest of the UK.
The School has an excellent reputation in academics, sports, and creative arts, which has led to continued growth in the pupil roll for the past ten years. Circa 600 pupils are accommodated in a full boarding school environment and a further 200 at Sedbergh Prep School in Casterton.
We are now seeking to appoint a highly professional and motivated individual to join our team in the role of Facilities Manager.
The Facilities Manager will act as immediate deputy to the Bursar (Operations) and will be expected to adopt an important position of leadership throughout the operations department. The successful candidate will work alongside the Catering Manager and the Estates Project Manager in leading operations colleagues. The main areas of responsibility will have an impact across all operational areas and will be key to ensuring inter-departmental cooperation and integration.
- Relevant academic qualifications or the ability to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience for the role.
- Health and Safety NEBOSH (if not NEBOSH qualified some H&S management training is available).
Skills & Personal Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with clarity, both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to collaborate with others and develop productive working relationships at all levels across the organization.
- A focus on quality and drive for results, coupled with exceptional customer service skills.
- High levels of attention to detail with the ability to plan and organise effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work flexibly under pressure, prioritise own workload to meet changing and conflicting deadlines, problem solve and use initiative.
- The ability to lead and manage multiple teams.
- The ability to understand the needs of the business of the School.
Knowledge & Experience
- Suitable experience in a similar Facilities Management or Estates role.
- Demonstrable experience of managing hard and soft facilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and managing a team.
- Proven ability and experience in implementing and maintaining systems, policies and procedures.
- Ability to produce accurate information consistently.
- High level of IT literacy inc. Microsoft Teams and Office 365.
- Understanding of Health & Safety and COSH.
- Experience either within education or another highly disciplined organisation would be advantageous.
In exchange the School will offer:
The School will offer a competitive benefits package for the successful candidate, including:
- A competitive salary of up to £52,000 per annum, in line with skills & experience.
- Generous remission on school fees.
- Assistance with short-term accommodation may be possible.
- Contributory Pension Scheme – to include life cover while remaining within the scheme.
- Enhanced Sick Pay entitlement - conditional on meeting the demands of the scheme.
- Service awards.
- Opportunity to see School productions and take part in staff events and family fun days!
- Use of the School’s vast facilities (outside of School timetabling) including the indoor swimming pool, tennis and squash courts, and the incredible Hirst Sport Centre.
How to apply:
To find out more about this vacancy please download the Candidate Information Brochure, or contact the HR Department on: email@example.com.
To apply, please complete the School’s application form and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 22 March 2023.
Interviews are planned to take place on Wednesday 29 March 2023.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sedbergh School is committed to safeguarding & protecting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert